14 February 2013

THE LION AND LOBSTER, BRIGHTON

It's been a while hasn't it?... 2013 I'm expecting big things from you food-wise. Let's continue on our little food journey and it begins here at one of my ALL time favorite pubs. The Lion and Lobster. Whenever I have friends down from London this is the place I take them, a tardis of a pub.. little rooms leading off even more litte rooms, a bonus if you wanna hide and drink (and eat). There is a beautiful dining room on the top floor which has a hint of a 'luxury Victorian dining room' touch about it.

Most Brightonian's can be found here on a Sunday sampling the winner roast dinners (there will be a separate post dedicated to this) but I had the pub menu today. Now it's worth mentioning this pub gets busy, crazy busy, so if you want to make a night of it you'll need to book a table, but hey that's a sign of a good pub isn't it? Anyone who knows me well will tell you how much I love a pub fish and chips and this one ticked all the boxes fresh fish, beautifully cooked chips and a nice dollop of mushy peas. They have an extensive menu, from stone-baked pizza, lovely home-made soups with fresh bread, and all the English classics. Winner. Every. Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment