22 January 2012

THE HAMPTON ARMS, BRIGHTON



This was one of the BEST pub roasts I have ever had. It puts London pubs to shame. I bow down to you oh ye wonderful rib of beef. Now I'm trying to cut down on my intake of red meat for 2012... However when this came floating past me in the pub that went out of the window. The beef I can honestly say was flawless and I asked for it rare and rare is what I got. It came served with roasted onions, a carrot purée and roast sweet potatoes, creamy leeks, along with normal roasties, sweet beetroot AND stewed red wine cabbage! Incredible. Makes moving back to Brighton worthwhile let me tell you. OOOoooo I finished with bread and butter pudding with custard and a raspberry jus type sauce. Gotta love a good pudding after a roast. Ahem I walked home!

No comments:

Post a Comment