05 November 2011

BOHO MEXICA, SPITALFIELDS, LONDON



It was my birthday and I was craving something Mexican, so 9 of us decamped to a pre-booked table and bantered about what each of us was having and why. After agreeing we started with various cocktails, Mexican beers and shared the amazing Tacos. Wow what a selection, sautéed Scottish beef with habanero onions, pork marinated with chiles and grilled pineapple, sautéed sea bass and shredded chicken breast cooked in a roast tomato and chipotle chile sauce. Dribbling yet? You should be, they were just awesome and I would have eaten them for my main course all by myself. I was also tempted to try the 'Caldo Tlapeño' a smoky chicken broth with avocado and chipotle to you and me, it was perfect, smoky hot and spiced with lots of paprika and a rich puréed thang going on.

You'd think that would be enough, but hey it was my birthday and the portions aren't super big.. Main dishes included sautéed calamari and baby octopus with chipotle chile and onions and grilled Paillard pork marinated for 24 hours in a mix of chiles, served with a black bean puree, rice and sweet plantains. As you can see alot of words, but quite frankly there are ALOT of flavours and few words would not do it justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment