18 January 2012

LE TROIS GARCONS, SHOREDITCH, LONDON


Having spent 3 weeks in France you'd have thought I might be over French cuisine for a while. However Groupon presented itself with a 6 course taster menu for 2 for £60 hurrah! I just couldn't resist. Obviously. And so off we went to the world of eccentric with a capital E, this enchanting place complete with stuffed animals including the infamous stuffed giraffe wearing a tiara and the chain-smoking monkey hovering over you. I couldn't make this up even if I tried, I half expected Poirot to jump out from behind a curtain or something, just brilliant.

Now let's get to the food. Barely at our table and a bowl of steaming freshly baked bread arrived followed by our amuse bouche of pumpkin soup with shaved parmesan. Then came foie gras served on brioche crusts, followed by pan seared cod and for me the winner next course of rare venison steak, served on poached pears with a beetroot and pear purée and a sticky potato cake with stewed venison on the side. It was sublime. The textures were all there and a joy to behold. Then came a chocolate flan followed by coffee and out of this world petit fours! I would totally recommend this place and you have to go just for the experience. Needless to say I didn't eat for the next two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment